Written by: Sarah Felbin
Starting to think about packing for college? Let our dorm guide help you get started! We’ve created a list of 20 dorm room essentials under $20 that will make any girl the coolest on her floor – and the best part? Everything’s pink! So channel your inner Elle Woods and get ready…
Make your desk study-central with these cute accessories! With an upgraded desk lamp and an adorable (no, really, adorable) stapler, we can take your desk space from “oh, no” to “oh, yes!” for just a few dollars.
1) Lavish Home LED Foldable Desk Lamp, $17.99 from Target
This desk lamp folds up for easy packing and storage. Less clutter? Yes, please!
2) Urban Shop Swivel Mesh Chair, $19.00 from Walmart
A small swivel chair with a breathable mesh back keeps you comfortable while you work on that five-page essay!
3) Just Mustard Bunny Stapler, $8.00 from ASOS
Remember that adorable stapler we mentioned earlier? This cute pink friend will inspire you to work on even your laziest days!
4) Floral Desk Pad, $12.00 from PB&J Boutique (shown)
Dress up your desktop with this pretty paper pad, which will also help you keep track of your busy schedule!
You’ve turned your desk into a study paradise… But what about the rest of your room? These accessories will help you make the most of your small space while still making it feel like home. Be careful, though: These picks are so cute, your friends might get jealous!
5) LED Pink Micro Rice Christmas Lights, $8.99 from Walmart
Tiny fairy lights won’t keep you (or your roommate!) up at night, but they will instantly transform your space.
6) RoomMates Chevron Canvas Wall Art Set, $9.99 from Bed Bath & Beyond
This magnetic and dry erase board comes with matching magnets, perfect for hanging a few flashcards to study or leaving your roomie a message!
7) ***DP***Formula Backrest Pillow, $14.88 from Walmart
Meet your new best friend! Save your back and your wallet with this supportive pillow.
8) Honey-Can-Do Washing Machine Hamper, $13.79 from Target (shown)
Doing laundry doesn’t have to be a chore! Make it fun with this ultra-cool hamper.
9) Timelink Smartlight Rubber Alarm Clock, $9.99 from Kmart
Small? Check. Accident-proof? Check. Will save you from missing that 8 a.m. class? Check!
10) Surya Frontier Geometric Rug, $19.99 from Wayfair
An area rug is an easy way to add a pop of color without sacrificing space.
11) Chelsea 3-Piece Reversible Comforter Set, $19.99 from Macy’s
Fashionable and reversible? We’ve yet to see anything smarter than this set!
In a tiny dorm room, a girl needs all the organizational help she can get. These finds will help you declutter and tidy up, all while saving you valuable space. With picks for your closet, your shower, and even under your bed, we’ve got you covered!
12) Honey Can Do Set of 4 Bed Risers, $12.48 from Wayfair
Bed risers help turn empty under-the-bed space into valuable storage. Plus, these add the perfect pink touch to any room!
13) Coated Wire Shower Caddy, $7.99 from PBteen
Shampoo, conditioner, body wash… All of it will fit inside this cute wire basket shower caddy!
14) Whitmor Over-the-Door 24 Pocket Shoe Organizer, $7.99 from Target
Stuck with a microscopic closet? We’ve got you covered! This over-the-door organizer keeps your shoes separate, so you have plenty of room for that winter coat and those rain boots!
15) ClosetCandie Under-the-Bed Storage Bag, $5.47 from Walmart
When paired with the bed risers listed above, under-the-bed storage bags are perfect for storing clothes, shoes, accessories, and even books. Buy one or stock up on a few to maximize your space!
16) Organize It All Stacking Perforated Polypropylene Cubes, $12.95 from Sears (shown)
These stackable cubes are perfect for storing anything and everything. Buy a bunch and go vertical for the most storage!
Last but certainly not least are our picks for dorm room style! From your bed to your bathroom, we’ve found four essentials you simply have to have!
17) Threshold Shower Wrap, $12.34 from Target
A shower wrap is a great alternative to a heavy bathrobe. Just stretch the elastic and you’re ready to go!
18) The Original Turbie Twist (Set of 2), $9.99 from Bed Bath & Beyond
Perfect for keeping wet hair out of your way, Turbie Twists help dry your hair while keeping it out of sight and out of mind. Best of all? A set of 2 means one for you and one for your roommate!
19) Perfect Petal Trio Jelly Thong Sandals, $9.90 from GoJane (shown)
These adorable flip flops are ideal for runs to the shower. Who said shower shoes had to be boring?
20) Snooz Silky Soft Eye Mask, $1.99 from Dream Essentials
Roommate keeping you up by pulling constant all-nighters? This comfy sleep mask helps make sleepless nights a thing of the past.